Parrallel Tasks
Author Message
 Parrallel Tasks

I am developing a labview application to generate messages to be sent
via TCP and/or UDP to another computer. I want the program to read
messages from "scenario" files which will be pre-generated. However, i
want to be able to select at run-time any number of different files to
be runn simultaneusly, and would like to be able to have a task to
read each file. Is there any facility similar to spawnTask in
real-time OS that would enable me to do this? I am using LabVIEW 6i
for windows but will be upgrading to 6.1

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:48:30 GMT
 Parrallel Tasks
A solution may be to have your VI reentrant and start it several times
using VI server without waiting to finish. If you need them all
starting execution in the same time, use a synchronization method.
From the TCP/UDP point of view, if you are using the same target port,
you need to integrate a key for every packet to be able to
differentiate the source of its content.

Hope this helps ... as an idea

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:21:07 GMT
 Parrallel Tasks

Quote:
> A solution may be to have your VI reentrant and start it several times
> using VI server without waiting to finish. If you need them all
> starting execution in the same time, use a synchronization method.
> From the TCP/UDP point of view, if you are using the same target port,
> you need to integrate a key for every packet to be able to
> differentiate the source of its content.

And if you need panels opened, you should consider using VI templates or
.vit files.  Each time they are opened using the VI Server, you get a
cloned panel as well as a VI to run.

Greg McKaskle

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:39:19 GMT

1. Parrallel or Serial Port vi?

2. Looking for some help in writing code to send a file to parrallel port

3. Polling in parrallel

4. reading & writing the parrallel port

5. LabView task priority and concurrent tasks on Win2K

6. Multiple task bodies for one task type?

7. Converting Ada Tasks To VxWorks Tasks?

8. Task storage_size on task types with gnat

9. Tasks vs Task Types

10. DECnet-VAX nontransparent task-to-task net package?

11. Task manager task.py updated

12. How to make task appear as a seperate item in task bar?