Error 1073 in printing
Author Message
 Error 1073 in printing

My customer states that is receiving this error while executing an
application that prints some datas:
"ERROR 1073 occurred at ??? in stampa diagramma      xy.vi ->reg.vi ->
S396_10.vi
     possibile ragione
     this property is writable or this method is vailable only when VI
     is in edit mode"

The application is a compiled LV 6.0.2 program that aquires data with
a DAQ card and prints them on a printer.
The actual vi (stampa diagramma xy.vi) is used to print: I pass data
to the vi, customize the diagram in it according to the test results
and operator's choices and print the vi at completion. At the present,
a page is printed with vi panel but without data in it.

The strange thing is that the application has worked well for some
time and has began to give this error only in the immediate past. My
customer states that no serious problems have occurred in the computer
(e.g. shutting off uncorrectly, lack of mains, serious GPF errors or
anything else), the rest of the application is working properly and no
changes have been made in the PC configuration nor a new printer has
been installed.

What can be happening? Anyone has experienced the same type of error
and can help me in solving this problem?

Many thanks in advance.
Roberto

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:06:27 GMT
 Error 1073 in printing
First thing, is this application a built executable or is the customer
running it under their own development system? If they have the source
code, it might be valuable to discover exactly which property is
causing the code to throw up.

If the code is an executable, have the customer reinstall
it--including the runtime engine. I have had this problem occur in
built applications after a crash and reinstalling fixed it.

An important rule of thumb to remember is that the vehemence with
which a customer claims nothing happend to the system is directly
proportional to the level of responsibility the customer feels for
what really did happen to the system.

Mike...

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:25:28 GMT
 Error 1073 in printing
I had the same error 1073. A labview VI worked well in development mode, but
had that error when I made an application out of it.
This error came from a method node where I used the Initialize to default
method of a control. This method does not in application mode, only in
development mode.
This bug is known to NI and reported in their database.
Do you use Initialize to default via a method node. Don't do that (rather
use a value property or write to a local variable of that control, same
effect) and you should be OK

Oliver

Quote:
> My customer states that is receiving this error while executing an
> application that prints some datas:
> "ERROR 1073 occurred at ??? in stampa diagramma      xy.vi ->reg.vi ->
> S396_10.vi
>      possibile ragione
>      this property is writable or this method is vailable only when VI
>      is in edit mode"

> The application is a compiled LV 6.0.2 program that aquires data with
> a DAQ card and prints them on a printer.
> The actual vi (stampa diagramma xy.vi) is used to print: I pass data
> to the vi, customize the diagram in it according to the test results
> and operator's choices and print the vi at completion. At the present,
> a page is printed with vi panel but without data in it.

> The strange thing is that the application has worked well for some
> time and has began to give this error only in the immediate past. My
> customer states that no serious problems have occurred in the computer
> (e.g. shutting off uncorrectly, lack of mains, serious GPF errors or
> anything else), the rest of the application is working properly and no
> changes have been made in the PC configuration nor a new printer has
> been installed.

> What can be happening? Anyone has experienced the same type of error
> and can help me in solving this problem?

> Many thanks in advance.
> Roberto

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:32:40 GMT

1. ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

2. Error TERM / 0 Print error

3. Error TERM / 0 Print error

4. Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

5. PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

6. Printing errors unde APL/2

7. Gawk (djgpp) 3.0.3 print error?

8. Printing in RB IDE Error?

9. Error 11 crash when printing

10. Help ! Error in Print to file for C4

11. Clarion for DOS 2.1 - printing errors -printer not ready

12. XP Cliant/Server Network Print error~