creating transparent PNG
Author Message
 creating transparent PNG

Is it possible to produce a panel image with a transparent background?
Reading the image, replacing the background color with transparent in
the color table then writing back out does not work.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:19:42 GMT
 creating transparent PNG

Quote:
> Is it possible to produce a panel image with a transparent background?
> Reading the image, replacing the background color with transparent in
> the color table then writing back out does not work.

The transparent color is really just a LV concept.  It is a symbolic
color that makes sense to many panel areas, but in a color table, it
looks just like black, or dark dark blue.

If you want to place a png on the panel, use the clipboard or
Edit>Import Image.  If you want the png to have transparency, most paint
packages that produce pngs will have the notion of a mask or an alpha
channel.  Make the mask or alpha channel to specify which portions of
the image are opaque, which are transparent, and which are translucent,
and associate it with the image and save as a png.

If you are trying to save out a png with a mask, there are a number of
additional image icons in LV7, including one that applies a color
masking operation.  You might want to try to use the mask icon and wire
the output to the png writer.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:58:38 GMT

1. Transparent PNG in Blaxxun

2. Wanted: example of transparent TrueColor PNG creation

3. Copy transparent PNG image

4. Transparent textures - How do you create them?

5. creating a transparent cylinder????

6. How do I create images with transparent background?

7. BUG: really bad performance creating images from some transparent gifs

8. The Ultimate in Computer File Security png

9. Generating graphics images (png, gif, ...)

10. APL+Win, bitmaps to PNG, JPG, GIF

11. Image file reader for jpg or png?