IMAQ Vision - Writing Image Files: File Format
Author Message
 IMAQ Vision - Writing Image Files: File Format

Hi,

I want to save some images in labview 5.1.1 - IMAQ Vision 2.2.1 acquired by
a camera. Several file formats are supported:

BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF

For me the PNG format seems to the most attractive one as it provides
lossy-less compression and platform independentness. But, in the manual
there is a comment which I don't understand: It says that the PNG format is
not recommend for precise gauging or inspection measurements - and that is
exactly what I want to do.
I always thought that once an image file is loaded into LabView there is no
difference regarding to the file format the images were saved in. Can anyone
explain me, what the problem of the PNG format is? Which format can you
recommend for precise gauging instead (BMP?)?

Thanks,
Gerd Simons

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:22:37 GMT
 IMAQ Vision - Writing Image Files: File Format
one correction:
I use IMAQ Vision 5.0 and NI-IMAQ 2.2.1.

Gerd Simons

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to save some images in LabView 5.1.1 - IMAQ Vision 2.2.1 acquired
by
> a camera. Several file formats are supported:

> BMP, JPEG, PNG and TIFF

> For me the PNG format seems to the most attractive one as it provides
> lossy-less compression and platform independentness. But, in the manual
> there is a comment which I don't understand: It says that the PNG format
is
> not recommend for precise gauging or inspection measurements - and that is
> exactly what I want to do.
> I always thought that once an image file is loaded into LabView there is
no
> difference regarding to the file format the images were saved in. Can
anyone
> explain me, what the problem of the PNG format is? Which format can you
> recommend for precise gauging instead (BMP?)?

> Thanks,
> Gerd Simons

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:45:26 GMT

1. IMAQ Vision - converting image to Sun Rasterfile (.ras)

2. Image processing with IMAQ Vision 4.01

3. IMAQ VISION toolkit without IMAQ hardware

4. Image extraction without IMAQ, using Read JPEG file.vi

5. IMAQ write jpeg doesnt generate any file

6. ODBC to COBOL-vision-files fails on files with multiple fields

7. Image file format for use in testbench

8. Using xpm format to store color images in your tk source files

9. Help: Image data file format

10. Need image file format readers/writers

11. imaq vision driver for frame grabber

12. Video Grab and Snap without IMAQ Vision