Video capture with PCI-1407 card
Author Message
 Video capture with PCI-1407 card

I need to capture and analyze RS-170 and RS-343 video  to answer the
question, does it meet specifications [synch voltage, normal image
resolution, etc] and would like to do so with a PCI-1407.  Can I do
anything with RS-343?

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:31:32 GMT
 Video capture with PCI-1407 card
The NI-1407 is designed to work with EIA RS-170 and CCIR cameras.  If
your camera follows either of those specs, then the 1407 will work.

RS-330 is a standard recommended by EIA for signals generated by
closed-circuit TV cameras scanned at 525/60 and interlaced 2:1. The
standard seems similar to RS-170, but H-sync pulses are absent during
V-sync.

With that said, I don't think an RS-330 camera will work with a 1407,
but I've never tried it...  The 1407 requires H-sync signals so we
know where to separate lines.  Without those signals, the 1407 will
not be able to sync with the camera.

Kyle V.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:39:08 GMT

1. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

2. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

3. Dual PCI video card joy !

4. FA: National Instruments PCI-5102 Digital Oscilloscope and PCI-6071E Multi-I/O DAQ cards

5. I want to use PCI 1407 and a square pixel CCD camera to...

6. Video Capture Plugin?

7. video capture (continued)

8. video capture

9. Video Capture

10. Video capture

11. Video Capture within C5

12. Video Capture using AVICap Window Class