anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i
Author Message
 anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i

Want to capture a trace (current via sense resistor to PCI 5112)store
it and then download to an arbitrary waveform generator(PCI 5411)Idea
to mimic input when needed and repeat lots of times.

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:12:19 GMT
 anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i
Dear Chris,

Thanks for using the National Instruments Developer Exchange.

Yes this is possible, but you will need first to acquire the waveform
and then configure the function generator (NI-5411) to download the
waveform you just acquired to the memory of the ARB and then play it
continuously.

You will have plenty of shipping examples available when you install
the driver NI-SCOPE in your computer, look in the subpallete NI-SCOPE
in labview.
Once you have learned how to acquire waveforms with the Scope you will
be able to download this waveform the ARB and play it.
I also recommend you to look the examples, especifically the example
called: "niFgen Arbitrary Waveform Example.vi" that will clarify to
you the process of downloading a waveform to the Device and play it.

If you have more questions I recommend you to send an e-mail directly
to our technical support by going to the web page:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niae_asc.main
and selecting E-mail NI Engineers.

Best Regards.

Omar De Andrade - Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 02:32:00 GMT
 anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i
Thanks for the reply. I shall be installing the cards early next week
and will be in touch.

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:28:21 GMT
 anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i
Chris,

Here is an example of exactly what you are looking for available on
our website.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/6c163603265406328625682a006ed...

The example will acquire a signal with the 5112 store the waveform to
disk and replay the waveform on the 5411.

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:31:47 GMT
 anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i
Thanks very much for the solution, Aquick look says it is exactly what
I wanted. I shall be running the system shortly, within the next two
weeks, so I'll post my results/problems.
Best regards
Chris ewers

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:18:44 GMT

1. Image Capturing with labview 6i

2. open and write to multiple files in labview 6i

3. Problems with PCI-MIO-16E4 and PCI-5112 working together in the same PC

4. how to trigger the 6115 and 6030E with the 5411

5. synchronization PXI-6115 and PXI-5411

6. Labview 6i compatibility with Labview 5.x programs

7. LabView 5.1 <--> LabView 6i

8. Problems with IMAQ Vision after upgrading from Labview 6i to Labview 6.1

9. Has anyone written some LabVIEW to convert Lat/Long Co-ordinates into British Grid

10. Anyone ever write a compiler in LabVIEW

11. Edge detector in Labview (6i)

12. Problem with LabView 6i