Asynchronous Communication Events
Author Message
 Asynchronous Communication Events

I am trying to figure out how to deal with asynchronous serial communication
events. My main application needs to be running a control loop, while I am
also listening to the serial port for commands that affect the main loop. I
am considering one while loop for the main control loop, a separate sub-vi
with a while loop monitoring the serial port for receive commands, and a
global variable to pass the commands to the main loop. Does this sound like
the thing to do?

Thanks...Ed

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:44:07 GMT
 Asynchronous Communication Events
Instead of a global I would use the queu to communicate between the
two loops

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:16:53 GMT
 Asynchronous Communication Events
Thanks Albert. That solves a problem clearing the global after it is read.
It that one of the Queue VIs you are refering to?

Quote:
> Instead of a global I would use the queu to communicate between the
> two loops

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:52:45 GMT
 Asynchronous Communication Events
That is right, you find these vi's in the advanced palette under
synchronization/queues

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:17:19 GMT

1. Tcl Event Loop vs TK Event Loop issues with Asynchronous Events

2. Asynchronous Serial Communications

3. Asynchronous communication

4. Asynchronous communication between protected types

5. Asynchronous Communications (RS232) under Unix

6. Asynchronous device communications

7. Asynchronous Inter Process Communication in a Prolog debugger

8. ILPS 91 Post Conference Workshop on Semantics of Asynchronous Communication

9. Corrections, Semantics of Asynchronous Communication, ILPS 91

10. Workshop on Semantics of Asynchronous Communication

11. Asynchronous events in Eiffel

12. Asynchronous Event Handlers