How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi
Author Message
 How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi

I cant figure how to wire up this vi to create or replace a file
without dialog.

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:58 GMT
 How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi
A little more text explaining where you get stuck might help (tell us
which wires you can figure out, and which ones you can't).

Anyway, if you never want this VI to give you a dialog, simply wire a
FALSE constant to 'Advisory dialog?'.

If you wire TRUE to it, or leave it unwired, LV will give you a dialog
if you want to open a file (specified by 'file path') and it does NOT
exist, or if you want to create/replace a file and it DOES exist.

The file you actually want to open/create/replace is specified by the
'file path' input. If this is empty, LV will also show a dialog.

I am not sure what happens if you leave the 'file path' empty, and
wire FALSE to 'Advisory dialog?', but that's easy to test.

In your case, to avoid a dialog always, make sure the 'file path' is
never empty and the 'Advisory dialog?' is wired to a FALSE constant.

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:12:03 GMT

1. how to use Open/Create/Replace File.vi

2. main's open/replace/create file.vi but write in subvi

3. How do I replace a file using Write Characters to file.vi

4. How to make key focus on the "Replace" button of the open/create/replace file in labview

5. replace a subvi used in several other vi

6. REPLACE not replacing under Win 95??

7. Issues with Non-COBOL characters and REPLACE / REPLACING

8. string.replace() can't replace newline characters???

9. in-file search/replace question without using mv or cp

10. Creating a control at runtime - using Create()

11. How might I recover a text file that I overwrote by invoking Open/Create/Replace?

12. Create an Exe of a VI that controls another VI