A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
Author Message
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal

Vi is running in TestStand

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:57:17 GMT
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
What does the arrow look like?

It may be in a "reserved" state waiting to execute.

Ben

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:35:42 GMT
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
Andy,

Since I do not have all of the subVIs for this VI, I can not say for
certain, but with a good probability. I have a scroll mouse and if I
put the mouse cursor over the scroll bar, then I can scroll using the
wheel. Try this and move to a corner of the VI. If you do not have a
scroll mouse, then just try selecting on the block diagram and as you
try to select by the edge of the block diagram, the diagram will
scroll. Once you are at a corner, then select everything on the block
diagram and press <Ctrl>+C to copy it. Next, open a new VI and paste
what you have copied onto the new block diagram. This will also create
your front panel objects. You may have to do a little arranging on the
front panel, but not too bad. You can finally save this VI with a new
name at first (or close the other one down and save over it) and then
rename the VI. This should work for you.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:31:24 GMT
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
Ben,

Thanks for the advice, I tried that but it seems to be more of a VI
bug, I've posted the solution below:

Andy

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:42:40 GMT
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
Thanks Randy, it worked!

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:39:17 GMT
 A VI diagram has gray scroll bars, although the front panel is normal
I found that a mouse with scrol facility allowed the VI to be used, I
then copied it's contents to a new VI. I still don't know how the
fault occured, but this elimiates it!

Andy

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:37:02 GMT

1. How to stick the called vi on the same place of front panel of main VI

2. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

3. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

4. how do I create front panel objects from the block diagram

5. how do I create front panel objects from the block diagram

6. diagram/front panel windows disappear

7. Having trouble printing front panel with consistent magins

8. I try to open two sub vi front panel in third - main vi front panel.

9. Menu bar / Toolbar hidden in Front Panel?

10. I am trying to copy a text string from a front panel indicator to a text

11. I am trying to copy a text string from a front panel indicator to a text

12. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed