How to save then quit excel using activeX
Author Message
 How to save then quit excel using activeX

The task that I need to do is open existing excel file, append data to
the last row, save data then close it.  Everything works fine except
saving the data.  I used property workbook note to save then invoke
node to close a workbook then invoke node to quit excel application.
I watched and see that the data is written to the sheet but when I
closed it, it is not saved.

System: Window NT and Excel2000
Thank you

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:28:58 GMT
 How to save then quit excel using activeX

Quote:

> The task that I need to do is open existing excel file, append data to
> the last row, save data then close it.  Everything works fine except
> saving the data.  I used property workbook note to save then invoke
> node to close a workbook then invoke node to quit excel application.
> I watched and see that the data is written to the sheet but when I
> closed it, it is not saved.

> System: Window NT and Excel2000

Use Task Manager to check if Excel is still running.

I find that the programmatic close of Excel doesn't work. Excel is left
running until you actually quit either labview or the built app!

Side-effect: if you then launch Excel to view a document, the screen
isn't redrawn right.

Mark

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:17:37 GMT
 How to save then quit excel using activeX
Its kinda hard to diagnose the problem without seeing the vi, but I'll
give it a shot.  First I'm not sure how you could save it using a
workbook property node, you need to use an invoke node.  In the invoke
node for a workbook there should be "save" and "save as" methods, try
one of those and see if it works.

I ussually use a "save as" method in a worksheet invoke node and
haven't had any problems.

Brian

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:05:56 GMT
 How to save then quit excel using activeX
You should check for errors in the error cluster before save and
close, if some kind of erro occurs, invoke and property nodes will
simply pass it and won't do their work, so be careful with that. Also
be sure you close al references after using them.
Hope this will point you in the right direction.

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:28:01 GMT

1. LabView activeX doesn't save data after row 16384 in Excel

2. Cannot open Excel using Activex

3. excel operation using activex

4. Need help using ActiveX Method Find in Excel

5. How do I autosize columns in Excel using ActiveX in Labview

6. I am using activex and everytime I save my vi it doubles in size

7. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

8. how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

9. Using Win32OLE with Excel leaves Excel process hanging

10. Save Warning on app quitting...

11. Is it possible to save data faster into Excel using ActiveX?

12. option to save on quitting wish