Problems in connecting OPC-Server with LabVIEW 5.1.1
Author Message
 Problems in connecting OPC-Server with LabVIEW 5.1.1

I use DataSocket to connect to a OPC-Server. With the "Select-VI" I
choose an item and try to open it with the "Open-VI". In the "Open-VI"
the following error occurse:
"Can't add item to OPC-Group" (0xC0040007).

Is there somebody how has some experience on this??

Does anyone know if I need some update, patch, service pack , AddIn or
something else.

Best regards and in hopping for a answer

Andreas

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:19:22 GMT
 Problems in connecting OPC-Server with LabVIEW 5.1.1
Andreas,
There are two things that you can try on labview side.
- In the DataSocket Open Connection VI use Read instead of
ReadAutoUpdate. If your OPC server does not support asynchronous I/O,
ReadAutoUpdate will fail.
- Upgrade your DataSocket by upgrading LabVIEW. The newer DataSocket
handles these low level operations much better. DataSocket 3.0 should
fix this problem.

Zvezdana S.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:51:42 GMT

1. VW COM-Connect OPC-Server

2. My OPC client app hangs when the OPC server dissapears from the net

3. Retrieve an Integer array from OPC Server in Labview

4. comunication between opc server and a generic labview application

5. How to realize an OPC server with LabVIEW?

6. I want to make an OPC server using LabVIEW

7. Problem of security using ADO from Labview to connect to Access 2000 Data Base

8. LabVIEW and OPC

9. LabView OPC question

10. Labview/induscreen via une liaison OPC

11. OPC in labview

12. opc server