How to run two vi's simultaneously?
Author Message
 How to run two vi's simultaneously?

I am relatively new to labview, so I am not expert enough to figure this
out,... yet.  I am running a test setup using several pieces of test
equipment.  Therefore, the screen is pretty busy as it is.  At certain
points in the test, I want to click on a button that calls up a spectrum
analyzer, which takes a snapshot of the data, then close.  The problem is
that when I "click" the call spectrum analyzer button, the other test
equipment stops taking data.  I then pretty much have to restart the whole
shebang.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,
eric

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to run two vi's simultaneously?
Use VI server and set the caller not to wait for the called VI to finish.
Look at VI server examples.

Quote:

> I am relatively new to labview, so I am not expert enough to figure this
> out,... yet.  I am running a test setup using several pieces of test
> equipment.  Therefore, the screen is pretty busy as it is.  At certain
> points in the test, I want to click on a button that calls up a spectrum
> analyzer, which takes a snapshot of the data, then close.  The problem is
> that when I "click" the call spectrum analyzer button, the other test
> equipment stops taking data.  I then pretty much have to restart the whole
> shebang.  Any help would be appreciated.

> thanks in advance,
> eric

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to run two vi's simultaneously?
I've done something similar in the past and used the following
available vi's Get Instrument State.vi with Preload Instrument.vi, Run
Instrument.vi, Open Panel.vi and finally Close Panel.vi

Its been awhile so I don't remeber exactly how I set them up.

Quote:

> I am relatively new to labview, so I am not expert enough to figure
this
> out,... yet.  I am running a test setup using several pieces of test
> equipment.  Therefore, the screen is pretty busy as it is.  At certain
> points in the test, I want to click on a button that calls up a
spectrum
> analyzer, which takes a snapshot of the data, then close.  The
problem is
> that when I "click" the call spectrum analyzer button, the other test
> equipment stops taking data.  I then pretty much have to restart the
whole
> shebang.  Any help would be appreciated.

> thanks in advance,
> eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

2. Two canvas scrolled simultaneously by the same scrollbar (an UNIQUE scrollbar and TWO or more canvas)

3. How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?

4. what is error -1 , and why can't I run any daq vi's

5. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

6. How do i run two VI's on two computers over a ethernet link...

7. Question about executing two loops simultaneously

8. error 10843 - underflow error - PCI 6025E - when outputing two waveforms simultaneously

9. DAQ using one PC but two carts simultaneously

10. how to control two 6110e daq cards to acquire 8 signals simultaneously

11. can distutils build simultaneously on two architectures?

12. Scrollbar to control two canvas widgets simultaneously