Voltage drift in an analog data acquisition
Author Message
 Voltage drift in an analog data acquisition

I have developed a data acquisition program that inputs an analog
signal from a micrometer, converts it to a diameter measurement, and
displays the value numerically and graphically.  It also does the same
procedure with a thermocouple for temperature observations.  This
program monitors a component for about 8-14 hours.  During
observation, I'm seeing a periodic (sinusoidal) pattern in the charted
data.  I assume that this is a voltage drift (~mV).  Is there any way
to tune this voltage drift out since it is skewing my results?

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:05:43 GMT
 Voltage drift in an analog data acquisition
Hi Ethan,

it depends on the frequency of this noise signal.
From your question I undersand your signals are very slow, pratically
DC voltages; in this case if the noise has a frequency of 50-60Hz you
can filter it down by a low pass filter (either analog or digital).
If the noise has a much lower freq., then it is probably generated by
the sensor.

Hope this helps,
Alberto

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:37:00 GMT

1. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

2. voltage data acquisition in fuse testing

3. synchronizing digital output and analog data acquisition

4. synchronisation between analog data-acquisition and counting increments

5. Analog voltage input to frequency

6. Simultaneous Analog Acquisitions

7. About PCI-6534 and analog acquisition

8. contemporary acquisition of 2 analog signals with 2 different sampling frequency

9. synchronise digital and analog acquisition using PCI-6025E board

10. i want to build a comparator to compare voltages such that reference voltage is negative

11. Data Acquisition in Clarion

12. Data acquisition from two chassis