Labview version, OS version from within a VI?
Author Message
 Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

How can you determine the version of labview running and the OS version
running (on a Windows box) from within a VI? Do you need to invoke the WIN32
API? or is there a VI component that provides this?

Any help appreciated,
Marty Burns

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:03:34 GMT
 Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

Quote:
> How can you determine the version of Labview running and the OS version
> running (on a Windows box) from within a VI? Do you need to invoke the WIN32
> API? or is there a VI component that provides this?

You can find at least part of this information from the VI server.  Look
at the Application class properties.

Greg McKaskle

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:45:58 GMT
 Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

Quote:

> How can you determine the version of Labview running and the OS
> version running (on a Windows box) from within a VI? Do you need to
> invoke the WIN32 API? or is there a VI component that provides this?

> Any help appreciated,
> Marty Burns

The VI you want is the PropertyNode vi.

Bring up your diagram and right click to get the vi palette.
Go to the 'Applicaion Control' sub-palette.
Drag a 'Property Node' vi onto your diagram.
The properties you need are:
OperatingSystem|Name                            "Windows Me"
OperatingSystem|Version Number and    "4.90"
Application|Version Number                  "6.1"

Hope this helps

regards

--
Remove "spamkill." when replying to this message

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:32:48 GMT
 Labview version, OS version from within a VI?
Works Great! Thank you very much!:)
Marty

Quote:

> > How can you determine the version of Labview running and the OS
> > version running (on a Windows box) from within a VI? Do you need to
> > invoke the WIN32 API? or is there a VI component that provides this?

> > Any help appreciated,
> > Marty Burns

> The VI you want is the PropertyNode vi.

> Bring up your diagram and right click to get the vi palette.
> Go to the 'Applicaion Control' sub-palette.
> Drag a 'Property Node' vi onto your diagram.
> The properties you need are:
> OperatingSystem|Name                            "Windows Me"
> OperatingSystem|Version Number and    "4.90"
> Application|Version Number                  "6.1"

> Hope this helps

> regards

> --
> Remove "spamkill." when replying to this message

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:25:00 GMT

1. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

2. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

3. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

4. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

5. Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi

6. how to load an evaluation version vi in labview 6.0

7. Print Panel.vi works with the full LabView version but not with Run Time Engine

8. Opening Vi's in Labview version 4.0.2 with 5.1

9. How can I launch a desktop shortcut's VI with the right version of LabVIEW

10. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

11. CobAnal for MVS, OS/390 and z/OS New version

12. OS/VS COBOL and z/OS Version 1 Release 3