How do I clear a serial port buffer between reads using 8-port NI board and VISA in Labview?
Author Message
 How do I clear a serial port buffer between reads using 8-port NI board and VISA in Labview?

At labview application execution, I configure 7 of the 8 ports on a NI
8-port RS-232 board.  I must continuously monitor the ports and, if
bytes are present at the port, read and process the data.  I would
then like to flush the buffer in preparation for the next cycle.  The
"read VISA" VI does not clear the buffer after reads.  How can I clear
(flush) the buffer for each port during run-time?  Do I have to close
the VISA session each time?

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:56:23 GMT
 How do I clear a serial port buffer between reads using 8-port NI board and VISA in Labview?
On the Instrument I/O>VISA>VISA Advanced>Interface Specific palette is
the function VISA Flush I/O Buffer.

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:44:43 GMT

1. Reading/writing to serial port w/ VISA in Labview

2. Setting TD on serial port high using VISA

3. Using Serial Port to send mouse actions to remote computers mouse port

4. VISA Serial Read/Write buffer leftovers

5. How to separate data using serial port read.

6. Reading data from the serial port using ADA on an Unix

7. Reading data from the serial port using ADA on an Unix platform

8. Using TK to read/write to serial port, allowing stdout display and TK GUI control

9. Using read with the Serial Ports

10. Problems with Labview 6i and serial port/visa

11. VISA Serial Port Problem

12. Changing Parity on Serial Port (VISA)