Not able to measure strain using pci 6033 E card
Author Message
 Not able to measure strain using pci 6033 E card

I have a pci 6033 E DAq card which i am using to measure the
displacement from a linear displacement sensor. i downoaded the
program for continious strain measurement from the sample programs.
The LVDT is  vishay micromeasurements HS-100(S/no MG2459) supports
full bridge. I coonected the wires green to CH0 -ve white to ch0 +ve
andred to excitation +ve black to excitation negative. Inspite of
checking rechecking and breaking my head over this for over 4 weeks
and about 300 hrs, i am not  able to get the current signal to be
displayed on my VI. I think i am missing something, can any one gime
some suggestions regarding how to get the current strain to be
displayed

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 17:35:35 GMT
 Not able to measure strain using pci 6033 E card
Let's start with some basic stuff first, and then we'll get to the
nitty gritty.

First, have you measured your excitation voltage to be sure it's
active?  What are you using for excitation?  Keep in mind, the 6033
has no analog outputs.

Second, be sure that your analog inputs are configured for
differential so that the negative side of the input is not connected
to any ground.

If your bridge is truly a full-bridge (you don't need any resistors to
complete the bridge), this *should* be enough.

Let me know, and we'll work it out.

Mark

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:49:46 GMT

1. Using of Measure buffered Period(DAQ-STC).vi for PCI-6025E board

2. Measuring and recording strain gauge data.

3. Measure time between two lines using MIO Card?

4. FA: National Instruments PCI-5102 Digital Oscilloscope and PCI-6071E Multi-I/O DAQ cards

5. Access to PCI-card using Win NT

6. Separating data using PCI 6204E DAQ PC Card.

7. Has anyone used datacell snapper cards (PCI/24) with Labview

8. Mac G4 crashes using continuous generation with PCI-1200 DAQ card

9. using a lan/hpib gateway (Agilent) with a NI GPIB pci card

10. Stepper motor control using PCI 6024E card?

11. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

12. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards