Looking for information
Author Message
 Looking for information

        Ive built my own data acquisition card for ISA bus in a PC.
  Ive programed  the drivers for windows 3.1(mycard.drv) and a
 small aplication to use it. But Im going to   work with  labview ,
 and I dont know how to use my drives to
 integrate my card with this program.

   I'll  appreciate  any help about it . and how to find information to
begin working .

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for information

Quote:
> >        Ive built my own data acquisition card for ISA bus in a PC.
> >  Ive programed  the drivers for windows 3.1(mycard.drv) and a
> > small aplication to use it. But Im going to   work with  labview ,
> > and I dont know how to use my drives to
> > integrate my card with this program.

> use VB5 and the freeware vbio.dll port i/o driver to control the card
> labview requires a license for each machine it is on, so if you decide
> to ever sell the product, you will be fu___ed, with VB you can compile
> it and the software belongs to you therefore the code is yours only.

To answer the original question, the Call Library Function node
can be used to communicate with 16 bit DLLs.  You can also use
port I/O with the Inport, Outport, and Memory Peek/Poke nodes
in the advanced palette.

As for the licensing, any VIs developed by the user can be given
away for free.  You wrote them, they are yours.  Many 3rd party
HW manufacturers do this.  They develop and distribute VIs so
that their HW can be used by other LV users.

If you develop an executable in LV, there is licensing on the
runtime libraries that you link with.  Read the license to see
if it applies to you.

Greg McKaskle

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Information about WebConnections

2. Looking for information about Easel / ENFIN

3. Looking for Information on a Tensegrity bug

4. Looking for information

5. looking for information on Eiffel

6. Looking for information about reducing the Diagram size of my program

7. Looking for information on Forth in hardware...

8. Looking for information about Class(y)

9. Looking for information...

10. HELP : Look for information of database internal file structure

11. Looking for information on PLISRTD - built-in sort.

12. Looking for information on Eiffel projects