Printing line by line
Author Message
 Printing line by line

Hi,

I need to print some log messages on a matrix printer line by line.

For this, I use the "Easy Text Report". I seems to work fine, but I have
an offset
in printing. When I print a message, this is the precedent message who
is printed on paper
and so on.

I tried to place <CR><LF> at the end of the line I want to print but
labview seems to cut
control characters form the input of the Easy Text Report vi.

Does anyone had the same problem or could anybody help me?

Thanks insadvance and best regards

Antoine Jacot

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:57:21 GMT
 Printing line by line
The option i selected to write line by line was using direct writing
to the paralell port, and using ESC codes, the result was quite good.
Of course, a small delay was completely necesary to avoid the CPU to
be totally loaded, perhaps your problem is something similar, and you
could try placing a delay after write operation.
Hope this helps

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:35:56 GMT

1. Search file and print line + next line?

2. The pretty-printer, *print-lines* and per-line prefixes

3. Print formatting - same line printing?

4. reversing lines char by char, but not the line order in a file

5. Two lines to one line

6. find a key word and delete 5 lines before it and 5 lines after this

7. Sorting multiple-line data to single line data

8. reading a line and executing a command on that line

9. remove blank lines before lines beginning with string

10. blank lines/lines with spaces (how to remove)

11. Counting commented lines (full-line comments only)

12. Join multiple lines of records to single line