front pannel inside another front pannel
Author Message
 front pannel inside another front pannel

Hi, I want to have one front pannel inside the main front pannel. For
example if you click on delete, add or multiply on the main front
pannel then another front pannel appear where you can do all these
additions or multiplying etc.. and them import those new data into the
main front pannel. Would labview able to do that? If it can what
approach should I take.
Se.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:22:52 GMT
 front pannel inside another front pannel
Well, you can't actually embed one front panel inside another (yet).
However, depending on exactly what you are trying to accomplish there
are a number of ways of getting to where you want to go.

First, you could create all the various front panel objects you want
to be able to see at at various times and use property nodes to make
visible only the ones associated with the function the user selected.

Alternately, you can create windows that pop open when a user selects
an operation. Such windows are simply LV VIs that you have set to
appear as dialog boxes when they run.

Both approaches work well. The one you select is a primarily function
of what the user-interface needs to look like and how your customer
wants it to work. Technically, the second approach is potentially more
expandable in the future with less impact on existing code.

Mike...

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:22:18 GMT

1. Graphics on a front pannel ,

2. Enter run time in hours / mins / secs on the front pannel

3. pass a dial from a subVI to a Front Pannel of a caller

4. Diagam-like front pannel

5. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

6. Two pannel list control

7. How can I programmatically connect to a remote front pannel?

8. I try to open two sub vi front panel in third - main vi front panel.

9. ST on the Front Cover

10. Wiki front page

11. WebToolkit : Using Front-End HTTP Servers

12. Front-ending the CMS command interpreter