can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
Author Message
 can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
The PCI-1409 has four-channel image acquisition.  Does this mean that
it can capture four images simultaneously from four different cameras?

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 04:27:38 GMT
 can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
Hello,
     The four channel are for the accessory unit for the PCI 1409.
     The PCI 1409 only has one true video input and when this accessory is
     used the board one input is multiplexing through four different
     cameras.  The board will not be capturing images simultaneously or all
     four cameras at the same time, because there is only one video input
     on the PCI 1409.  In order to simultaneously sample four cameras you
     will need four 1409 boards.

Regards,

Russell Blake
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:48:23 GMT
 can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
Russel, how fast can PCI 1409 capture images from four different
cameras in sequence?  In other words, how fast can it capture an image
from camera one, then switch to camera two and capture an image, then
switch to camera three and capture an image, then switch to camera
four and capture an image?  Is this rate on the order of milliseconds
or does it take more than a second or two to make the switch?

Sincerely,
Dewey Buescher (bicuspid)

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:10:12 GMT
 can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
Hello,
      We have an example program in labview 6.1 which describes three
      different methods for using multiple cameras.  The key to a fast rate
      would be synchronizing your cameras together.  If you following the
      second method where your cameras are synchronized then you would get
      7.5 frames/sec for each camera if you had four cameras.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/6c163603265406328625682a006ed...

Regards,

Russell Blake
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:03:44 GMT
 can I capture 4 images simultaneously from 4 different cameras w/PCI 1409?
Thank you very much for the information!  I cannot run the example yet
because I don't have the proper software yet, but I think 7.5 fps will
suit my needs fine.

Can you tell me what is involved in syncronizing the cameras?  Is it
accomplished using the software, or is done by adjusting settings on
the cameras themselves?
Dewey

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:18:27 GMT

1. why my image acquisition pci 1409 board could not be detected by matlab image acquisition toolbox?

2. 1409 cannot read variable shutter KP-F2A

3. 1409 can't read from RTSI bus with signal from 6070E

4. error 10843 - underflow error - PCI 6025E - when outputing two waveforms simultaneously

5. NI-PCI 1408 Framegrabber with JAI CV-M1 Camera

6. Simultaneously gathering multiple channels at different scan rates

7. Simultaneously gathering multiple channels at different scan rates

8. Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?

9. different images to different box faces

10. putting different image textures onto different box faces

11. Camera to capture 360 degree view and software.

12. Video capture with PCI-1407 card