Pointer on a function
Author Message
 Pointer on a function

Hello,

I Would like to use a DLL (written in C). An argument of a function of
this DLL is a pointer to a function. How can I use the labview types to
have acces to this function ?

THanks for your help

PS: I hope to be enough clear

--
Rmy CLAVERIE
CESIUM

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:22:30 GMT
 Pointer on a function
What the dll probably needs is a pointer to a function you've made. This is
generally known as a callback function.

This cannot be done in LV (or rather, it is very hard). You'll have to make
a DLL with the callback function, and get the entry point of that function.
This is the pointer to the function. (This is also not easy at all.)

Good luck with it,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> Hello,

> I Would like to use a DLL (written in C). An argument of a function of
> this DLL is a pointer to a function. How can I use the labview types to
> have acces to this function ?

> THanks for your help

> PS: I hope to be enough clear

> --
> Rmy CLAVERIE
> CESIUM
> Universit de METZ
> 7 Rue MARCONI
> Tel : 03.87.54.73.00
> Fax : 03.87.54.73.01

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:51:01 GMT

1. Q: Pointers to procedures/functions

2. F90->C:sending character(100),dimension(:),pointer->C function

3. passing a pointer to a function using iso_c_binding

4. Returning Pointer To Pointer From Function

5. Function pointer as function parameter

6. tcl+C function with pointer function argument?

7. ISO C Binding: Pointer to a pointer of pointers: ***argv

8. Calling dll functions which need pointers to be passed as an argument

9. Pointers to functions

10. Pointer Function with TPS (Cross-post to language)

11. Function Pointer with CLip-4-Win

12. function pointers