Source Code Control problem
Author Message
 Source Code Control problem

I'm having problems with labview's SCC package.  The lock/unlock
mechanism does not seem to function correctly.  After I fix it, the
locking works for a little while and then totally disappears.  I don't
think any of the VIs that are not checked out are locked anymore.
This is very annoying. Now several VIs are changed but the server copy
is not.

Could this be caused by LabVIEW updates?  Can allowing the update to
update VIs automatically change the state to unlocked?  That is the
only reason I can think of right now.  I haven't worked on some of the
changed VIs for quite a while, but I did update to 6.0.2 not too long
ago.

What's the best way to go about getting these VIs back under SCC
control?

Thanks,
Melissa

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:31:47 GMT
 Source Code Control problem
Tom,
When I run into a VI I can't edit because it is locked, I am reminded
to check it out.  (The whole purpose of the SCC locking mechanism, I
assume.)  I never unlock anything from the VI properties.  When
opening a VI for editing, I generally don't check with SCC first to
see if I have it checked out because of the slowness.  I rely on
locking to alert me when I need to check it out.

Maybe I should just check everything out when I'm editing.  I'm the
only one working on this project and I use SCC mainly for version
control.

Thanks,
Melissa

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:53:44 GMT

1. It’s me again with Source Code Control problems....

2. Source Code Problem: Loop true all controls on a window

3. Source Code Control - Check in problems

4. Data Recovery SOURCE CODE ( SOURCE CODES of Professional Data Recovery Software )

5. Converting FORTRAN source code to C source code

6. Source code control for VisualWorks ?

7. Source Code Control With RealBasic

8. Digitalk's Team/V for Source Code Control

9. Source Code Control system wanted

10. Source code for CW Stock Control

11. Source code control in Eiffel

12. Best source code control program