Will Labview do what Older IEE HP300 Systems do
Author Message
 Will Labview do what Older IEE HP300 Systems do

I have an older HP system with a 3852 data aq,  The software is old
and custom built for material testing (It can plot 2 channels of
stress vs strain and calucalate the modulus.  I have maybe 15 programs
for this from BEaring strength to Yiled for metals, very nice, took
alomst 10 years to write all.  Howver, the older HP hardware is old
and I would like to have data in a format that I can share and put on
a regular pc now.  Also, is there a way to convert the HP prog files
into a labview or another product like Studio).

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:43:59 GMT
 Will Labview do what Older IEE HP300 Systems do
During the last 2 years most of my work, working as an independent
LabVIEW programmer, I was not developing software for new
No it was "just" replacing the outdated "computer" by a PC and LabVIEW
I'm not fimiliar with a technique of converting the old code, maybe
somebody has.
I just re-sketch it in LabVIEW. The only thing I really re-use from
the old code are the calculations.
The bottom line is that the process of replacing old T&M systems by
LabVIEW is something that is happening very often.

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:27:44 GMT
 Will Labview do what Older IEE HP300 Systems do
It IS possible. You can purchase HP Basic for Windows. We did that in
a lab that I used to work at. There are some things that need tweeking
when you do that, but it is do-able.

I would suggest that you re-write the code in LabVIEW. If you have the
previous programs, then it's not too difficult to put it into the
graphical environment (just a translation job).

Have fun with whatever you decide to do.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:12:10 GMT

1. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

2. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

3. anyone done capture with 5112 then write same out to 5411 directly in Labview 6i

4. Doing continuos integration using Labview

5. USB with LabView - Easily Done

6. USB with LabView - Easily Done

7. Calling Matlab from Labview returns a 1047 error - what am I doing wrong

8. How to reset counters after daq is done without closing Labview

9. Any one done a commercial Multimedia, authoring system with ST, and in which enviro

10. Any one done a diary system?

11. Python and Computer Algebra Systems --- is it done?