software trigger
Author Message
 software trigger

I would sysnchronize acquisition between systems using a ethernet
link. As the AI Start vi takes a long time, I would generate a trigger
signal by software to start acquisition when I receive the command
throught ethernet.
I am using PXI 8175 controller (which has, on a hardware point of
view, the capability to generate a trigger on the PXI bus) and PXI
6040E DAQ card.
I would avoid external connection.
Any idea (and example) are welcome.

Thanks
    Hubert Robitaille

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:15:48 GMT
 software trigger
Synching via ethernet is not something I would recommend.  There is
latency and (worse) latency <B>variation</B> everywhere in ethernet
land.  The PXI chassis does have RTSI lines for triggering, but that
does not get you synch between systems.  I'm not sure what you mean by
AI Start takes a long time.  It seems pretty snappy to me.

The best method I've found to synch two systems without getting too
fancy is to run a wire from the master DAQ board's SCANCLK output to
the TRIG0 of the slave DAQ board in the other system.  If the two DAQ
boards are on the same PXI backplane, you can configure the RTSI bus
to synch them very nicely.

The PXI is some high-end hardware.  You might want to consider hiring
an expert Alliance Member to show you its full potential.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:24:24 GMT

1. How does software triggering of a waveform really work?

2. Help: Can you use software trigger on a digital line.

3. How can I Create a software analog trigger for a counter (6602)

4. waiting on scope to trigger, or aborting before trigger

5. Trigger-On/Trigger-Off Data Acquisition?

6. analog level triggering of storage with trigger output

7. I want to change my trigger a for the trigger b in my labview window

8. How do I trigger on any one of several channels meeting a trigger condition?

9. No Software on Disk from Iverson Software

10. Lava Software launches revolutionary new software distribution system

11. Vista Software's Apollo Software

12. PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE (WRITING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS(FOR ANY TASTE))