Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk
Author Message
 Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk

I use two E series PCI Cards, connected by RTSI. I'd like to stream the data
from both cards to a binary file and to add a header to it.

I also need to somehow read (plot) the stored data, this with another VI.

The whole should be then integrated into an existing program, that used just
one acquisition card.

Till now I have tried to combine "Two E-series Shared ScanClk.vi" and "High
Speed Data Logger.vi" into another VI, and I have tried to read the stored
data with the "High Speed Data Reader.vi". The problem is that I fight with
one error after another, what prevents me from going further.

I use labview 6.1, under Windows 2K.

Has somebody by chance already done something similar and would agree to
share with me their experience? TIA for any suggestion.

Regards,
Victor Manta

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:33:36 GMT
 Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk
Hi Victor,

I have done a lot of similar work.

Exactly what did you try and what specific errors did you encounter?

What you are trying is do-able provided the hardware you have suuports
it.

Please post (both here and to the DAQ group)
the details of the hardware you are using,
versions of software being used,
Examples that you are using,
error codes that occured,
posibly post example code showing the problem.

Ben

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:22:44 GMT
 Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk
Victor;

You can definitely accomplish that task with the DAQ boards you have
and Labview.

It would be good if you could be more specific as far as what type of
errors you are seeing and how you are integrating both VIs.

Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:39:49 GMT
 Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk
<< (My first posting)
I use two E series PCI Cards, connected by RTSI. I'd like to stream the data
from both cards to a binary file and to add a header to it.

I also need to somehow read (plot) the stored data, this with another VI.

The whole should be then integrated into an existing program, that used just
one acquisition card.

Till now I have tried to combine "Two E-series Shared ScanClk.vi" and "High
Speed Data Logger.vi" into another VI, and I have tried to read the stored
data with the "High Speed Data Reader.vi". The problem is that I fight with
one error after another, what prevents me from going further.

I use LabView 6.1, under Windows 2K.

Has somebody by chance already done something similar and would agree to
share with me their experience? TIA for any suggestion.

Regards,
Victor Manta

> Hi Victor,

> I have done a lot of similar work.

> Exactly what did you try and what specific errors did you encounter?

> What you are trying is do-able provided the hardware you have suuports
> it.

> Please post (both here and to the DAQ group)
> the details of the hardware you are using,
> versions of software being used,
> Examples that you are using,
> error codes that occured,
> posibly post example code showing the problem.

> Ben

Hi Ben,

I use two PCI-MIO-16E-1 cards, connected by RTSI. I'd like to stream the
data from both cards in real time to a binary file, after having added a
header to it.

For tests, on the channel 0 of each card is applied the same square wave,
100 Hz.

Yes, the hardware support RTSI. I use LabView 6.1.

Till now I have:

1. Combined the "Two E-series Shared ScanClk.vi" and the "High
Speed Data Logger.vi" into a DAQ VI. To do this, I have "doubled" and
adapted the "High Speed Data Logger.vi". For testing purposes the data are
stored in two files, always the same ones (the old ones being overwritten
after each acquisition).

 2. "Doubled" and adapted "High Speed Data Reader.vi" into another VI, for
reading from both files, mentioned earlier.

What already works:

- The headers for both files are correctly stored (VI point 1.)
- The acquired data from the first card  (device 1) are correctly stored (VI
point 1.)
- The VI (point 2.) that reads both files and displays the results works

What doesn't work:

-  The acquired data from the second card aren't stored at all (VI point 1.)
- An error message says: "Error -10608 occurred at AI Buffer Read. Possible
reason: NI-DAQ LV: No transfer is in progress for the specified resource."

I think that I understand this message, but I don't know how to continue.

The DAQ VI can be downloaded from (please click the link, then the link on
that page; about 100K, zipped):

http://www.swissheartnet.unibe.ch/labview.htm

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Victor Manta

PS. I don't know which DAQ group you mean.

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:38:31 GMT

1. Streaming data acquired by two E series devices connected by RTSI

2. Q: Re: Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming data to disk

3. Q: Acquiring data using two E series devices connected by RTSI and streaming the data to disk

4. Acquire data from a thermal couple device using RS232

5. Can I connect two computers to one device?

6. ***Need VI: NI-TIO Triggers E-Series DAQ via RTSI

7. RTSI With Non E-Series Cards

8. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

9. Synchronize two boards with RTSI

10. connect two VIs using MS Visual C++

11. Data Modeller Problem using HP600 series printers (660C and 692C)

12. Two Simple Qs: