Printing TIF ( picture ) file, how ?
Author Message
 Printing TIF ( picture ) file, how ?

Hi,

I need to write a labview application that take TIF picture file from
a disk and print it using the default printer which is connecting to
the computer.

Any idea how to do something like this ?

Thank you,

Noam.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:25:55 GMT
 Printing TIF ( picture ) file, how ?
There are a number of ways to do this.  I would suggest using a
run-line command with an executable that is capable of handling TIF
images.  LabVIEW with IMAQ can handle it, but I can't think of an easy
way to get the image into LabVIEW for printing (IMAQ is usually
concerned with display and file I/O, not printing.)

The runline command is going to be difficult to figure out.  This is
the same things as putting a command in the "Run" function on your
start menu in Windows.

Another option is to use ActiveX.  However; that means controlling an
application that is able to print tif images.  I can offer even less
help on this solution.

There is a way to do it in LabVIEW, but I can't find any TIF image
functions outside of IMAQ, which means somehow converting it to BMP,
JPG or PNG, formats supported outside of IMAQ.

You could also put in a support request to NI at ni.com/ask.  They
should be able to offer solutions.

Good luck

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:58:18 GMT
 Printing TIF ( picture ) file, how ?
Thank you very much, you gave me some good and importent points that i
can check now, it's really help me, thanks again !

Best regards,

Noam.

Quote:

> There are a number of ways to do this.  I would suggest using a
> run-line command with an executable that is capable of handling TIF
> images.  LabVIEW with IMAQ can handle it, but I can't think of an easy
> way to get the image into LabVIEW for printing (IMAQ is usually
> concerned with display and file I/O, not printing.)

> The runline command is going to be difficult to figure out.  This is
> the same things as putting a command in the "Run" function on your
> start menu in Windows.

> Another option is to use ActiveX.  However; that means controlling an
> application that is able to print tif images.  I can offer even less
> help on this solution.

> There is a way to do it in LabVIEW, but I can't find any TIF image
> functions outside of IMAQ, which means somehow converting it to BMP,
> JPG or PNG, formats supported outside of IMAQ.

> You could also put in a support request to NI at ni.com/ask.  They
> should be able to offer solutions.

> Good luck

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:30:02 GMT

1. Print to file (Postscript/TIF)

2. Printing TIF files

3. Printing FAXUAL .TIF files.

4. Printing .TIF File (Faxual2)

6. print images '*.tif'

7. HP scanner + TIF files

8. Saving and converting tif files.

9. Image file (.bmp, .tif, .gif) to PCL5 code

10. TIF FILE

11. XP ramdisk, cookies, tif files

12. Multipage TIF files