TTL signal to analog waveform 
Author Message
 TTL signal to analog waveform

I want to read the signal from a photomultiplier (TTL signal 3V, 9ns
wide pulses) and convert the reading into an analog waveform
proportional to the intensity of the light incident on the
photomultiplier.
The number of pulses given by the photomultiplier unit is directly
proportional to the intensity of the incident light (which varies more
or less sinusoidal with a frequency of about 50kHz).
I have a DAQ PCI-MIO-16E-1, and labview 5.1.
I assume I have to use a counter input, to count the number of pulses,
but I don't know how to convert the output of the counter.vi into an
analog waveform.

Anybody has a clue?

Than you in advance.
Mircea

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 TTL signal to analog waveform
Mircea,

You are correct in using a counter.  However, there is a way to do what
you want--buffer the counter.  The counter uses a 20 MHz clock for its
timing.  What you can program the counter to do is every time it
receives a rising edge from the photomultiplier, it will put
the "count" of 20 MHz pulses in a buffer.  Therefore, knowing that the
buffer counts are counts of a 20 MHz pulse, you can reconstruct when a
pulse occurred and the amount of time between pulses.  From this, you
can generate the data you need.

Mark


Quote:

> I want to read the signal from a photomultiplier (TTL signal 3V, 9ns
> wide pulses) and convert the reading into an analog waveform
> proportional to the intensity of the light incident on the
> photomultiplier.
> The number of pulses given by the photomultiplier unit is directly
> proportional to the intensity of the incident light (which varies more
> or less sinusoidal with a frequency of about 50kHz).
> I have a DAQ PCI-MIO-16E-1, and LabView 5.1.
> I assume I have to use a counter input, to count the number of pulses,
> but I don't know how to convert the output of the counter.vi into an
> analog waveform.

> Anybody has a clue?

> Than you in advance.
> Mircea

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Fri, 06 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. TTL Signal and Analog Waveform

2. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

3. How to display trigger line signal along with analog input signals

4. fast speed TTL signal sampling

5. Analog input waveform data channels occasionally swap when ...

6. Analog Output Being Delay by Waveform Aquisition

7. Analog Output Being Delay by Waveform Aquisition

8. multiple waveform generation on analog output channels

9. Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?

10. RF IC / Analog IC Designer (Mixed Signal)

11. Decoding an analog multiplexed signal

12. Displaying analog signals

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software