Byte Array to Byte
Author Message
 Byte Array to Byte

Schmir1,
Replace the 'Boolean Array to Number' function with a 'Array size'
function in the diagram.

Pravin

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 07:34:24 GMT
 Byte Array to Byte
Hi schmir1

Let me see if I have got this right:
You want to get a byte in a string and convert it to an U8?

If so then there is a couple ways of doing this:
- You can use the string to byte array and then index the first element in the array.
- Or you can cast the string to an U8

Tim

P.S. your example didn't include the Serial Read.VI, to do this create a 'development library' from 'save
with options' menu item.
But I sorted out what you wanted to do from what was there.

Quote:

> I'm having trouble converting a byte array to a hex byte that I can
> feed into a Serial Read Vi.  The count byte indicates the number of
> bytes that follow in the message and need to be read.  See the bad
> wiring between the Count array and the Boolean Array To Number
> converter.

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                           Name: Research_TelB.vi
>    Research_TelB.vi       Type: labview Instrument (application/x-unknown-content-type-LabVIEWInstrument)
>                       Encoding: base64

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:02:26 GMT
 Byte Array to Byte
Cast to String didn't work for me but got me to look around.  I found
that Unflatten From String function was what I needed.

Thanks

Quote:
>>> Bob <<<

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:00:35 GMT

1. Using Python arrays of bytes for ILU SEQUENCE OF BYTE -- API is inadequate

2. A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)

3. I want to generate a CRC (2 bytes) and I have 31 bytes in my frame

4. Bytes at serial port dropping bytes

5. Hi byte and Lo Byte Question

6. high-bytes low-bytes?

7. Reading bytes from a certain offset in order to search for bytes

8. Converting big-endian byte to small-endian byte

9. Converting big-endian byte to small-endian byte

10. swapping bytes on a two byte integer

11. Reading byte by byte ??

12. Garnet 3.0 under Redhat/CMUCL: Error in function C::BYTE-INTERPRET-BYTE: Unbound variable: OPAL::AGGRELIST