Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?
Author Message
 Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?

I have looked at the submissions regarding how to navigate the cells
of a labview table with the arrow keys, but I'm not having much luck
with making it work. Any code examples or more explicit help out
there?

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:34:39 GMT
 Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?

Quote:
> I have looked at the submissions regarding how to navigate the cells
> of a LabVIEW table with the arrow keys, but I'm not having much luck
> with making it work. Any code examples or more explicit help out
> there?

Note that when the VI is in edit mode, some of the keys are used for
other things, like changing tools, but when the VI is running, the tab
and return keys are probably your best bet.  If you click in a cell,
then the tab key will move row by row where return will move column by
column.  If you are tabbing through the rest of the keyboard, then the
initial tab will tab to the entire table allowing you to tab over it or
through it.  To tab into/through the table, hit Ctl/Command down arrow.
  When you want to tab out of the table, hit Ctl/Command up arrow.

Then there are the arrow keys.  Hitting normal left, right, up, and down
keys move about within a cell.  Shift left, right, up, and down move you
between cells.  These work in both the editor and while running.

Greg McKaskle

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:54:52 GMT
 Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?
Thanks Greg. While that idea works for me, I'm not sure my users will
warm up to it. The end user really wants the table to behave like
Excel. Looks like capturing keyboard events is the only way. (?)

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:35:59 GMT
 Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?
p.s. How in the world did you find that solution?

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:36:42 GMT
 Use arrow keys to navigate a Table - there's got to be an easier way?

Quote:
> p.s. How in the world did you find that solution?

I don't have Excel handy, but I believe that the tab and return are
pretty standard.  You should be able to use the keyboard VIs if you have
a different mechanism in mind.

As for how I knew this, it sort of comes natural since I work for NI.

Greg McKaskle

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:39:35 GMT

1. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

2. (or (gethash key table) (setf (gethash key table) new-value))

3. Using arrow keys in MSWlogo

4. Help Reading Arrow Keys using GETCHARQQ on CVF 5.0D

5. Using arrow keys with tclsh

6. Does anyone know how to enable command repetition using the arrow keys on tclsh for UNIX

7. Q: History access using up-arrow key?

8. VWIN32: A patch for textpane's arrow key control

9. Multi Component Key with Dates don't always work as easy as 1,2,3

10. Attn: Interleaf Lisp Hackers - Navigating Tables

11. Converting data from TPS table to MS SQL 7 table getting wrong values

12. Using 'gets' with SciTe under Win2000