how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0
Author Message
 how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

Unfortunately, the resolution did not solve the issue.

It appears there is no way to even view 6.1 code as even the labview
Player is 6.0!

NI has gotten sloppy, in previous versions of LabVIEW 6.x could be
opened with any 6.x version, a recompile was only needed for the next
higher version (7.x).

I suppose it is a way of driving revenue.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 02:12:28 GMT
 how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0
Quote:

> Unfortunately, the resolution did not solve the issue.

> It appears there is no way to even view 6.1 code as even the LabVIEW
> Player is 6.0!

> NI has gotten sloppy, in previous versions of LabVIEW 6.x could be
> opened with any 6.x version, a recompile was only needed for the next
> higher version (7.x).

> I suppose it is a way of driving revenue.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:12:00 GMT
 how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

Quote:
> NI has gotten sloppy, in previous versions of LabVIEW 6.x could be
> opened with any 6.x version, a recompile was only needed for the next
> higher version (7.x).

Actually, the guideline we have always used for our numbering is that
the hundredths digit differences imply a binary compatibility, and LV is
therefore able to load and run those VIs without a recompile, though if
opened in the development edition it will still recompile.

Changes in the tenths digit indicate new features, indicate that binary
compatibility is not there, and the VIs will need to be converted
forward or saved backward in order to work.

Changes in the ones digit indicate even larger features and carry the
same compatibility issues as the tenths, though more diagram changes may
take place when converting or saving for previous.

Greg McKaskle

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:17:52 GMT

1. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

2. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

3. Save an entire project at once, made in version 6.1 to version 6.0

4. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

5. can i use labview 6.1 to save file as 6.0 version

6. I can't open 6.0 VI in 6.1

7. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

8. how to load an evaluation version vi in labview 6.0

9. Application Builder 6.1 - Can you release applications for version 6.0

10. why do my 6.1 vi's open labview 6i

11. Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

12. Opening Vi's in Labview version 4.0.2 with 5.1