Passing a LabView struct to a C++ DLL
Author Message
 Passing a LabView struct to a C++ DLL

Hello everyone,

I am new to working with labview, and have the following question:

suppose I have a struct declared in LabView, is it possible to pass this to
a DLL created in MS Visual C++ 6.0 ??

If so, do I have to declare the same struct in the DLL to use it, or how
would one go about to implement this...???

Any suggestions welcome,

Gunter

Fri, 27 May 2005 20:46:49 GMT
 Passing a LabView struct to a C++ DLL
Hi,

Try this link.. there should be an example here that will help.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135...

Regards
Ray Farmer

Fri, 27 May 2005 23:33:32 GMT
 Passing a LabView struct to a C++ DLL
GV,

Is the DLL created yet? If it is, then find out if the DLL is packed
at 8 bytes (the default) or one byte (what LabVIEW does when passing
structures). If the DLL is packed at 8 bytes, then you can add dummy
numeric values to your cluster in LabVIEW to fill up the space.

If the DLL is not created yet, then see the following:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ff...
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/explprog.nsf/webmain/9E21592A5F39238C86256...
http://pong.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/A6705FEC7EA42300862567B700542...

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Sat, 28 May 2005 23:46:11 GMT

1. Passing Structs to DLL in LabVIEW

2. Passing Structs to DLL in LabVIEW

3. Passing strings from C++ to labview cluster using DLL

4. Call a Borland Delphi DLL with Structs from LabView

5. Passing data between Java class and LabView dll

6. How can I pass an address (pointer) from Labview to an existing CVI DLL

7. How to use Microsoft Visual Basic to Call LabVIEW DLLs That Pass Clusters

8. how do I pass an array to a dll written in visual c++

9. passing an array of strings from a C++ DLL to Cobol

10. How to pass a C++ structure with an array to a fortran DLL

11. passing a CString array from visual c++ exe file to visual fortra n DLL file

12. Calling Watcom DLL from C++ - can only pass one variable