Access Violation
Author Message
 Access Violation

Hi !

Some time ago I posted a message "Access Violation (2002-02-05) ".
I'm including my original message below. Since I received a lot of help I
thought I might post again telling about what I found.

The problem was a VI named "Replace Array Subset", if I used this VI twice
within the same subVI the error described earlier (access violation) would
occur.

This VI was used, in this specific situation, with a 3-dimensional array.
I used the VI three times within the same subVI, but after some change I
didn't need it more than twice, and Voila!! - the access violation suddenly
occured only half as often as before.
After some more testing I came to the conclusion mentioned above.

Anyone had similar problems?
Workarounds??

Yours/
--
Roger Ohlund,   MSc Engineering Physics

Quote:
>Ok! From the beginning.

>I have built an Image analysis software that can aquire images from 12
>cameras and calculate 54 parameters from each of these images. The software
>is used to control a process. The source code is about 15 MByte, the
>operative system win2k, the computer a dual pIII 1000 MHz with 512 MByte
>RAM, the grabbercards are Matrox Meteor II cards, no external DLL's. The
>calculations include different Fourier analysis,  morphological analysis
and
>colour analysis, the cycle time per camera is 0.65 seconds. The longest
>runtime it's been executed is slightly short of 4 months. The software has
>logging abilities, OPC and DDE communication built in, but also (of course)
>on screen presentation. Whilst up and running the application allocates
>memory for different kinds of images, about 12 MByte. The labview
>environment is LabView 6i with Imaq 5.0. When I tried to include my history
>presentation it allocated something like 30 MByte for the 3-D array. Using
>extract array subset and replace array subset I shift the the 300 values 1
>step each time the main application has delivered the data, data that is
put
>in as a column in the array filling the first position of the 54 different
>300 values long arrays. The procedure is than repeated for each page in the
>array as the cameras are switched. At any given time I can access any of
the
>12*54 arrays with its 300 values with a little help of some useful VI's,
>standard NI array VI's. I just extract a desired row from a page and then
>inverse it, and it's reday to present in a graph. But since including this
>my application has started to give access violation errors and the whole
>LabView environment shuts down. I've checked the memory usage with the
>system manager, and no memory loss. The error usually occurs within the
>first 2 hours.

>Yours/

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:48:32 GMT
 Access Violation
Hi Roger,

You have provided  alot of info but I don't think I have enough to be
able to help.
Have you tried triming things down to a small app that demonstrates
the problem? If you could post such an example I (or others) may be of
greater service.
You are doing "Read Historical Trends" are you?

Ben

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:00:43 GMT

1. Access Violations in 4.0 VM

2. Access Violation CW4c and My App...

3. Access Violation With Browse

4. 4.02 trial installation produces access violation

5. Access Violation in WOW32.dll

6. CW2LPE32.EXE Exception access violation

7. Exception: Access Violation - Help

8. HELP: Access violation in exe

9. HELP : access violation error on old exe

10. Oracle Connect access violation

11. Access Violation in C4b

12. Dr.Watson "Access Violation"