tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
Author Message
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2

I would like to acquire a waveform with a tds3034 scope. I need to
trigger the scope using a further signal, I read with channel 2. I
also would like to acquire as average, to have bigger resolution.
Sometimes I get the error:
Driver status Hex0xBFFF0015
and Primary error
Hex 0xBFFA2003
What does this mean?
Afterwards I cannot acquire anything else. I have to restart labview.
What could I do?

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:57:17 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
Hello,

1) What type of communication you are using: GPIB or serial?
2) Can you sometimes make trigger and read wfrm?
3) To make averaging you need write command: ACQUIRE:MODE AVERAGE;
NUMAVG 512 (for example);
this command make averaging in all channels.
4) To make trigger with ch2 write command TRigger:Source:CH2;

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:54:13 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
Hi, thanks. I know my question was not very clear.
1) I use GPIB to communicate
2) What I do is to use some of the given drivers for my instrument
(Labview version 6.1)  with IVI.: so I can set the channel to acquire
and the triggering channel.
When I acquire in "sample" I get no problem (at least apparently, I'm
still working with "artificial" signal given by a frewquency
generator).
The problem (and the error) appear when i try to increse the number of
averages: up to 8 seems to be ok. Then I get the error.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:23:38 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
I don't know about these drivers.
But maybe this driver have 2 vi's: first is selecting of Acquire Mode:
Sample, Average, Envelop.
After that you select Average, there is another vi that say how many
averages to do.

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:50:51 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2

Quote:
>The problem (and the error) appear when i try to increse the number of
>averages: up to 8 seems to be ok. Then I get the error.

Perhaps the additional averaging is taking longer, causing a GPIB timeout...

        ---   Rod.

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:12:42 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
No. I work many times with averaging and it don't take time because it
don't wait until it have number of samples as number of averages.

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:34:31 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
I think that the latter is the cause.
But I don't know how to solve the problem.
I use the averaged signal also to trigger the oscilloscope.
alessandra

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:48:51 GMT
 tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2
OK.

Try write simple vi that only set Averaging and read wfrm through VISA
vi's (Write and Read). Maybe the problem vith IVI driver.

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:10:38 GMT

1. waiting on scope to trigger, or aborting before trigger

2. how to do averaging by trigger signal

3. How do I acquire 1 image every time an external trigger fires

4. acquire data on mouse trigger

5. Problem with multiple acquisition and waveform average

6. finding running average of y component of waveform data

7. Acquire and process with analogic triggering (LabView 5.1)

8. how to use AI acquire waveform.vi for continuous acquisition

9. AI Acquire Waveform confusion

10. AI acquire waveform. maximum readable data

11. AL Acquire Waveform question

12. Problems using acquire waveform...