transferring a lot of data from Access Database to Labview
Author Message
 transferring a lot of data from Access Database to Labview

I need to transfer 500000 -> 1000000 values in a Access database table
to labview.  The values are selected using a query which is very fast
if run in Access itself, but from Labview it's very slow. Obviously
the connection between Labview and Access is the slow point.

Im using the NI Database connectivity toolset and a UDL file defines
the connection.  Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider is used.
To be honest i dont know what that really means, just that it normally
works but now its stupidly slow for so much data.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:51:33 GMT
 transferring a lot of data from Access Database to Labview
One of my continual gripes with the DBCT is it's poor behavior on
large data sets.  See NI's response here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/862...

Actually, I wouldn't find it nearly so annoying but for the part that
says "In most database books you are told not to return large
recordsets...".  I prefer the freedom to make a mess of things myself,
thanks.

On the plus side, the VI referenced in the article is fairly
efficient, you just have to deal with type conversion once things have
been moved into LabVIEW.

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:04:18 GMT

1. write data on database ACCESS from labview

2. Using PHP to transfer data between 2 MySQL databases

3. Data transfer:Lookout to Labview?

4. Access 7 and CFD3XXX Data transfer

5. Labview Connection to Access Database

6. Access database query with SQL vi under LabVIEW 6.1

7. Add data to an Access database using ActiveX?

8. Retrieving data from an MS Access Database

9. can labview access data from spreadsheet?

10. Problem of security using ADO from Labview to connect to Access 2000 Data Base

11. How can I access the HP VEE data transferred to LabVIEW through Active X?

12. ODBC access to Access 97 database woes