I want to import VRML- or STL-images in Labview
Author Message
 I want to import VRML- or STL-images in Labview
I need a tool to import VRML- or STL-vector images in labview.
Also I want to use this images in I-Maq Vision.

Can everybody help me?

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:23:50 GMT
 I want to import VRML- or STL-images in Labview
Martin,

I suggest using an AxtiveX viewing control. I searched Google.com for
some and found many. Download and install a viewer. Then use the
ActiveX Container in LabVIEW.
As for using the image in IMAQ, I would play with the ActiveX control
first and see how everything is working, then move on to that step.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:26:07 GMT
 I want to import VRML- or STL-images in Labview
Ok Randy,
that's right. The ActiveX-Container with the viewer works. But I can't
find any methods or properties with image datas. And what kind of
types would get the output.
I need 2D arrays like an bitmap-type.

thx for answering.

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:10:08 GMT
 I want to import VRML- or STL-images in Labview
Hi,

Right click the terminal itself, select create>invoke node. There should be
an option 'Get Image'. Convert it into a 2d array using the picture tools.

This doesn't work with all ActiveX components, but it's worth a try.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> Ok Randy,
> that's right. The ActiveX-Container with the viewer works. But I can't
> find any methods or properties with image datas. And what kind of
> types would get the output.
> I need 2D arrays like an bitmap-type.

> thx for answering.

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:25:12 GMT

1. import Image vs from PIL import Image vs import PIL.Image

2. STL file format and VRML

3. STL and VRML

4. VRML to STL

5. Wanted: Ada STL. Reward: Ada's Future

6. Images-to-VRML conversion;Medical imaging;nanotechnology;opportunities

7. importing graphical images into vw 2.0

8. Can't use imported image file

9. simple question, importing images

10. PixelTex 0.2 [generates pixelTexure nodes from imported images]

11. Can't import pygame.image

12. import images (wxPython)