how to do averaging by trigger signal
Author Message
 how to do averaging by trigger signal

I have a tachometer to trigger the data, and I want to do some average
to eliminate the random noises, how to do it in labview.
Thanks!

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:32:05 GMT
 how to do averaging by trigger signal
If I understand what you are saying, the way you trigger an
acquisition should have minimal effect on the techniques you can use
to denoise the data. You can do a running average, a median filter or
even use some of the more advanced denoising techinques discussed in
books such as Tukey's "Exploratory Data Analysis" (an excellent book,
by the way).

In terms of code for doing the processing, building a running average
subVI used to be one of the standard examples used in the LV training
classes so there are dozens of implementations around--or you can
build your own in about 5 minutes. The median filter is part of the
"pro" version of LV. Beyond that I can send you stuff based on Tukey's
work if you like.

Mike

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:04:14 GMT

1. How to display trigger line signal along with analog input signals

2. tds3034 scope: how to acquire waveform from channel 1 (average) and to trigger with channel 2

3. Signal averaging to reduce noise

4. Signal averaging to reduce noise

5. Hardware Triggering by Digital signal

6. Hardware triggering by digital signal

7. obtenir un signal logique indiqu ant que le trigger est déclenché

8. Help With Legacy Daq Acquisitions: Jitter on Triggered Signal

9. Without ENABLE signal for triggering Timer

10. Trigger by 2 different signal!!

11. triggering refresh using signals?

12. anyone done a Signal browser?