How can LabVIEW emulate the windows explorer
Author Message
 How can LabVIEW emulate the windows explorer

I want to add a listbox or something as a left frame so that a user
can use it like windows explorer to browse and select files to be used
in the main frame.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:25:23 GMT
 How can LabVIEW emulate the windows explorer
Hi,

Explorer user a TreeVIEW control for the left window. It's a ActiveX
control.

To fill it with data, recursivelly look for files and folders.

Both toppics have example vi's on internet (search at ni for 'recursive',
'file search' and 'tree' will probably work).

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> I want to add a listbox or something as a left frame so that a user
> can use it like windows explorer to browse and select files to be used
> in the main frame.
> Does anyone know how to do this?

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:49:56 GMT
 How can LabVIEW emulate the windows explorer
Go to Tools>VI File Manager, press <Ctrl><.> and Save As in your
location and you have a program you can start with.  This is a great
place to start.  As for adding the features you want, that is a matter
of programming expertise.

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:52:50 GMT

1. Launching URL in Internet Explorer from LabVIEW

2. Explorer Type interface in Labview

3. Last query about Internet Explorer and Labview

4. RedHat Linux 6.0 with Samba Emulating Windows NT running 5.2e

5. Emulating Terminal Window Send Text File Function

6. F90 under emulated Windows 95

7. Emulating a Unix xterm window

8. Q: emulate a few Windows GUI features in tcl/tk

9. Labview PDA, What component does my Windows CE OS needs to run labview PDA

10. How to Drag from Clarion to Windows-Explorer

11. Drag & Drop to Explorer under Windows 95

12. Windows Explorer Popup menu options