Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does
Author Message
 Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does

I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm using
labview 6.1 together with NI-DAQ v6.9.2 to build an application that
generates different voltages on the output channels of a PCI-6704
card. Everything works fine in my development environment. I then use
the application builder to create a standalone application. I include
the LabView Run-Time Engine in the installer. However, when I install
the application on the target machine and try to run it, I get Error #
-10007 at AO Group Config.vi. (My application uses the AO Write One
Update vi.)

If I install LabView 6.1 on the target machine and copy over all my
VI's to the machine, they run as expected.

Can anyone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong?

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:33:43 GMT
 Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does
Hi Roger

I don't see in your question if you've installed NI-DAQ- It's
important to know that you have to install all needed drivers
separately on your target machine. In your case you have to install
NI-DAQ on your target machine too and configure the board.The drivers
are not automatically included into the installer.
If you're doing an custom installation of LV on your target machine,
than NI-DAQ will be installed too. You should be able to run than your
executable. (If you've LV still installed on the target, than you can
try this out!)

Luca P.

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:40:36 GMT
 Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does
Thanks for the response. Actually, the problem seems to be because I
did something wrong. When I installed NI-DAQ and configured the output
channels, I used symbolic names for the channel numbers.
Unfortunately, for 1 of the channels, I used the name "+6V Supply
Voltage". This did not seem to matter while I was in the development
environment, but the compiled executable didn't like it at all. I
changed the name to "Supply Voltage", and everything now seems to be
OK.

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 02:23:28 GMT
 Help: Standalone application does not run (Error #-10007), but development application does
Thanks for the response. Actually, the problem seems to be because I
did something wrong. When I installed NI-DAQ and configured the output
channels, I used symbolic names for the channel numbers.
Unfortunately, for 1 of the channels, I used the name "+6V Supply
Voltage". This did not seem to matter while I was in the development
environment, but the compiled executable didn't like it at all. I
changed the name to "Supply Voltage", and everything now seems to be
OK.

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:21:57 GMT

1. Migration Install/1 appli to CICS appli

2. To Standalone or not to standalone

3. tkScreen error on Win95 standalone tcl/tk application

4. can not quit background appli

5. help creating a standalone application with prowrap and tcl extensions

6. CW2003 -- compiles Standalone, but not Local -- Help

7. Application broker - program can not run!!

8. Application not allowing it to run?!?!?!?

9. Not Enough Memory to Run Application

10. Clipper Application Not Run On Windows NT 4.0

11. application runs in NT but not win95

12. used testexecutive.vi can run step test but when build application it could not