string to number conversion
Author Message
 string to number conversion

Hello everybody,

I got an ascii file with numbers with several digits after the decimal point in
it. I want to convert this strings into numbers(Ext,Dbl,...) with 4 digits after
the decimal point.
I was trying the following: reading in the strings, converting the string into
number with "From Exponential/Fract/Eng" and the result is a decimal number with
two digits after the decimal point. But I want four. I can't find any
possibility to change the number of digits after the decimal point at the
conversion.
Is there anybody who has some help for me. Thanks a lot

Jens

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 string to number conversion
If you put an indicator in the output of the "From
Exponential/Fract/Eng.vi" you can get more digits after the
point right clicking the indicator and selecting "Format
and precision", there you can select how many digits of
precision you want, default value is two, so, if you do
nothing, you get two digits of precision.

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: String To Number Conversion

2. Problem with STRING to NUMBER conversion

3. String to number conversion

4. Common Lisp: String to Number conversion

5. string to number conversion

6. BUG: Scientific Number to String/String to Number

7. number to string .... string to number

8. Conversion of numbers to strings & vice-versa

9. String Number to COMP-2 Conversion Problem

10. STRING NUMBER TO COMP-2 CONVERSION...

11. Number to string conversion without internal writes

12. Help with conversion: number to string