How to synchronize Analog generation with digital input
Author Message
 How to synchronize Analog generation with digital input

I use a DAQ 6713 to generate an analog ramp voltage at a variable
frequency. I need to detect an external signal to calculate the time
delay between that one and the analog ramp start.
By adjusting the analog ramp frequency I can control the time delay.
The aim is to decrease that time to reach a zero time delay.
How can I do that with labview
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:28:39 GMT
 How to synchronize Analog generation with digital input
Renaud;

One thing you can do is to use the begining of the Analog Output
operation to start a timer and use that external signal to stop the
timer. There is one good application notes you can refer to and learn
how to synchronize operations on DAQ board. The name of the App Note
is "Advanced Synchronization Techniques for Data Acquisition", and can
be found at our home page. You can use that external signal as the
gate of your counting operation and having the source of that counter
as being the internal board timebase. As you know the frequency of
that timebase signal, you just multiply the number the counter will
return after the counting operation stops by the frequency of the
timebase signal, and you have the time delay.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:10:24 GMT

1. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

2. synchronizing digital output and analog data acquisition

3. Synchronizing quadrature encoder data with analog input

4. Try to synchronize digital input and output

5. How to combine Digital Output, a delay and Analog Input in a fast loop

6. Time measurement between AO generation and digital input

7. Using analog output to trigger analog input.

8. SYNCHRONIZE DAQ ANALOG OUTPUT CHANNELS

9. synchronizing data acquisition&waveform generation

10. multiple waveform generation on analog output channels

11. using analog and digital frame grabbers simultaneously

12. sychronized digital/analog output at a microsecond time scale on a PCI 6713 card