What is the standard labview color palette
Author Message
 What is the standard labview color palette

Hi i am using an VI icon extracter to obtain the icon of a VI.  I wish
to save this icon as a *.bmp but i do not know what to use for the
palette.  If i send the image to the labview picture functions they
draw it correctly as they contain the default colour palette.  Does
anybody know the default colour palette or how to get at it, thanks.
Tom.

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:37:41 GMT
 What is the standard labview color palette

Quote:

> Hi i am using an VI icon extracter to obtain the icon of a VI.  I wish
> to save this icon as a *.bmp but i do not know what to use for the
> palette.  If i send the image to the LabVIEW picture functions they
> draw it correctly as they contain the default colour palette.  Does
> anybody know the default colour palette or how to get at it, thanks.
> Tom.

Tom,

If you are using version 6 or higher, you can create a "standard"
Labview 256 color palette (like the one used by the 256 color icon) by
using the invoke node of any front panel object.  Just create some
object, like a graph, and then right-click on its diagram terminal and
select create->invoke node.  Then select "Get Image" as the method to
invoke, and set the image depth to 8.  Create an indicator for the
colors output.  When you run this vi, the colors indicator will
contain the palette you are looking for.  Just disconnect the
indicator after filling it and change it to a control or pop up on it
and create a constant.  I have done this for the widely circulated
icon extractor VI's and it works extremely well.

gm

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:39:08 GMT

1. Pulling color deffinitions from color palettes

2. Re-inventing RB IDE color palette?

3. 256 Color System Palette

4. Changing Color Palette

5. ST/V Win16 Color Palette Question

6. Direct access to color palette.

7. API Call - Color Palette

8. palette colors in boxed clipper under win 2000

9. Color Palettes

10. Determining Color Palettes

11. color(palette[2]) in S97 Clipper

12. Palette in 256-Color modus