two versions of labview
Author Message
 two versions of labview

I've just got my developer suite update.
I'm running  labview 5.01, CVI 5.0 and NiDaq6.5.1 under win98

I would like to update to the latest version but to keep the older ones
alive.
I know I've to choose another directory so I do not overwrite
everything.

What do I have to care about else??

Thanks for any help
Urs B?gli

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:23:19 GMT
 two versions of labview
Hello Khalid,
You are right, you will have to choose other directory for another
version of labview. But you cannot have two different version of NI
DAQ on the same machine. Thus while installing the newer version of
Labview I would suggest that you uninstall the older version of NI DAQ
and have the latest version of NI DAQ on your machine ( that goes
along with the latest version of Labview).
I hope this infromation clarifies the version issue.
Good Luck,

Shruti T
National Instrument.

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:56:32 GMT
 two versions of labview

Quote:

> Hello Khalid,
> You are right, you will have to choose other directory for another
> version of labview. But you cannot have two different version of NI
> DAQ on the same machine. Thus while installing the newer version of
> Labview I would suggest that you uninstall the older version of NI DAQ
> and have the latest version of NI DAQ on your machine ( that goes
> along with the latest version of Labview).
> I hope this infromation clarifies the version issue.
> Good Luck,

> Shruti T
> National Instrument.

However it should be noted that the latest NI DAQ does
not support some legacy boards. I ran into the problem
when I upgraded and lost the ability to access my
AT-MIO-16E card.  Measurement & Automation [NI Max 2.0]
doesn't recognize the card at all.
[ YMMV ]

Ron Capik
--

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:13:00 GMT
 two versions of labview

AT-MIO-16 (NI-DAQ 6.1)

AT-MIO-16D (NI-DAQ 6.1)

AT-MIO-16F-5 (NI-DAQ 6.1)

AT-MIO-16X (NI-DAQ 6.1)

AT-MIO-64F-5 (NI-DAQ 6.1)

AT-A2150 (NI-DAQ 4.9.0)

AT-DSP-2200 (NI-DAQ 4.9.0)

EISA-A2000 (NI-DAQ 4.9.0)

To use any of these products, you must use the NI-DAQ version listed
in parentheses or an earlier version."

In that case its really weired that Daq driver won't work with your
board. I have found a knowledgebase that talks about NI DAQ 6.9.2 that
is downloaded from LabView 6.1 CD then in some cases it is inoperable
with certain boards. The below knowledgebase gives the solution. It
does not talk about the legacy boards but its worth a try..
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/862...
If you have further questions contact www.ni.com/ask

Good Luck,
Shruti T
National Instruments

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:11:17 GMT
 two versions of labview

Quote:

> Hi Ron,
> The release notes for NI-DAQ states that "Products Supported in Prior
> Versions of NI-DAQ Not Supported in This Version
> The following products are not supported by NI-DAQ 6.5 or later; the
> latest release of NI-DAQ that supports them is in parentheses:

< ..snip... >

Quote:
> The below knowledgebase gives the solution. It
> does not talk about the legacy boards but its worth a try..

< ..snip... >
Been there, done that, (nearly) got the tee shirt.
The download on my slow connection would take many more
hours than it's worth to me at the moment. Too bad I can't
just download support for that one board.
It still shocks me when upgrades kill my programs. I've come
to expect it from microsoft but not NI.

Ron Capik
--

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:27:19 GMT
 two versions of labview
> Hello Khalid,
> You are right, you will have to choose other directory for another
> version of labview. But you cannot have two different version of NI
> DAQ on the same machine. Thus while installing the newer version of
> Labview I would suggest that you uninstall the older version of NI DAQ
> and have the latest version of NI DAQ on your machine ( that goes
> along with the latest version of Labview).
> I hope this infromation clarifies the version issue.
> Good Luck,

> Shruti T
> National Instrument.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:32:48 GMT
 two versions of labview
Hi Urs,

NI-DAQ 6.9.1 (one release prior to the latest version) does not
support LabView 6.1. So for using the latest version of Labview you
would have to have the latest NI-DAQ driver that is 6.9.2 (should come
along the Labview 6.1 CD).
So the best way would be to uninstall NI-DAQ from your computer. Than
install Labview (including the DAQ installation) into other folder.
This should work fine as well. Contact www.ni.com/ask if further
issues arise.

Shruti T
National Instruments

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 03:51:41 GMT

1. Two different LabVIEW version on the same PC

2. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

3. Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

4. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

5. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

6. how to open a vi (made in version 6.1 labview) in version 6.0

7. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

8. LabVIEW and two monitors

9. intersection points of two functions in LABview 4.1 ?

10. Can LabView compare two curves?

11. Labview 6.1 application installer: how to run two setup files

12. Method that returns true if two strings are scrambled versions of eachother