How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
Author Message
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?

I'm a new user of labview and i have a problem: I have to test
something with Labview. So, i will obtain a graph (or a chart) and i
would like to be able visualizing it after. I don't know if i must use
a graph or a chart and i don't know how i can register it on my
computer. Thank you to explain me how i can do and if it's possible to
send me a program to show me.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:48:01 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
Essentially the difference between a graph and a chart is that a graph
is used to display an array of data and a chart displays data one
point at a time. So if you're acquiring some data and then want to
display it, use a graph. If you want to display each datum as it's
acquired, use a chart. There are a lot of graph and chart examples
shipped with LabVIEW. I don't understand your question about
registering it on your computer. If you could provide more detail on
what you want to do, it would be easier to help you.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:50:22 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
Assuming that registering means saving data in order to be able to
view the same graph later, you have to decide first if you need to use
a graph or chart (to do this, play with graph/chart examples and see
wich one is good for your application or let us know about what do you
want to display on that graph/chart). After, you can choose one way of
saving data, writing to file:
- as binary data
- as string, after conversion
- as waveform

Hope this help

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:03:15 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
The problem is: i am testing an engine and i must see the evolution of
differents things (evolution of temperature, evolution of O2,
evolution of CO2...). I have to see all of these evolutions on a
graph. But i would like to be able visualizing this graph one day
after, two days after...when i want. So, how can i do to register this
graph on my computer? (sorry for my english!)

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:51:13 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
Hi,

i think you must to save your graph to file or to DB.
You must also to add date/time of saving. Your vi will read the saved
data and will plot it and write time of saving.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:31:55 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
How can i save this graph? Which function must i use?

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:15:05 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
How you make graph: you have some vector or array of data and plot it
in graph. O.K?
Save this data to file and next time when you read the data you plot
it again. For saving/reading data to/from file you have Write/Read
To/From Spreadsheet File.vi. See help of this vi's. Using of them is
very simple.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:13:00 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
Use the 'write to spreadsheet file.vi', and then to look at the data
again in LabVIEW you can use the 'Read from spreadsheet file.vi'.  Or
you can simply view the file in Excel.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:14:23 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
thanks!

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:47:06 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
One additional that your other responses didn't touch on is that if
you save your data with a LV timestamp for each sample (you know: the
number of seconds since midnight GMT 1904) you can do some really neat
things when you go to plot the data.

For example, assuming a file structure where each row contains one set
of readings and the first value is your timestamp, read the whole file
using one of the techniques the other posters have given. The result
will be a 2D array of floating point values. Now extract the column of
data containing the timestamps and use it for the X axis of an XY
plot. Now, on the front panel, right-click on the graph's horizontal
axis and select "Formatting...". In the resulting dialog box select
"Time & Date" on the Format popup menu and click OK.

Now when you plot whatever other columns of data you want, they will
be shown relative to the time and date they were collected. Very
Cool...

Mike...

PS: I can send you an example if you would like to see it.

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:16:40 GMT
 How can i register a graph or a chart on my computer?
oh yes, i would kike you to send me an example! Thank you very much!

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:42:35 GMT

1. Clearing chart buffer using shift registers

2. chart/graph controls?

3. Graphs and charts

4. How do I create PIE graphs and Bar charts using Clarion 5.5

5. How do I create pie graphs, bar charts using Clarion 5.5

6. Graph (charting) template...

7. Charting & Graphing

8. First Impressions Chart/Graph Tool

9. Graph Chart Template

10. Graph Charts for a novice in Clarion

11. Image background for graphs/charts

12. Problem with Graphs/Charts