Setting Default Label Position
Author Message
 Setting Default Label Position

Hi all

When I create a Boolean (or anything else), LV defaults to putting the
label above the control and left justified.  I like to change that so
that the default location for a label is just to the right and top
justified.

Anyone know how to do this?

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:25:16 GMT
 Setting Default Label Position
Hi all

When I create a Boolean (or anything else), LV defaults to putting the
label above the control and left justified.  I like to change that so
that the default location for a label is just to the right and top
justified.

Anyone know how to do this?

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:24:56 GMT
 Setting Default Label Position
Xenon,

You can change the position of the label with a property node.Select
properties>>label>>position.
However there is no way to change the justification programmatically.
I can tell you how to change the font, size, or style, but there is
not way to set the justification from the diagram, only on the front
panel.
You could probably submit that as a request for future versions of
labview. Go to this link:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nicc.call_me?p_action=country&p_lang_id=US
and select product feedback.

Regards,
Cyril Bouton
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:36:46 GMT
 Setting Default Label Position
There is no easy way to do what you want.  You will have to manually
edit all the controls.

To make the changes, drop the object on a VI >> right click on it  >>
slide to advanced then customize.  This opens a new window where you
can change the cosmetic features of the object.  Move the label to
where you want and save. You can save to the file in the vi.lib or to
a name of your choice.  The difference is that if you save to the
vi.lib you will have to edit if you upgrade.  If you save to a
different name, you will need to put the object on the palette and it
will not be updated in future releases on LabVIEW.

The following link discusses customization in detail:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ff...

It was found by searching for " labview customize controls" on NI's
on the words) to launch a new page.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:51:09 GMT
 Setting Default Label Position
Sorry, but don't believe you can--though that would be nice.
Personally I seem to spend half my life making contol labels
right-justified and aligned to the left of the terminal, and
indicators, left-justified and to the right of the control...

Mike...

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:52:26 GMT
 Setting Default Label Position

Quote:
> Sorry, but don't believe you can--though that would be nice.
> Personally I seem to spend half my life making contol labels
> right-justified and aligned to the left of the terminal, and
> indicators, left-justified and to the right of the control...

I've heard this advice about the justification before, but many times it
doesn't seem necessary.  If the label is totally above or below the
control, then the justification will determine which edge of the label
moves while the top or bottom is maintained.  As long as autosizing is
turned on and the label projected horizontally intersects with the frame
of the control, the justification doesn't matter since the right or left
edge, whichever is next to the control will be maintained.

As for the orginal question, this is something you can change with
custom controls or typedefs, but the built-in control label position
cannot be controlled.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:19:14 GMT

1. How to set default Window position

2. Set( _print_file) gives GPF after Set Default on Non-Novell systems

3. HELP ME: SET DEFAULT WITH SET PRINT TO LPT1

4. default setting of unicode set

5. how to set default value of a set of radiobuttons

6. show label and terminal as default?

7. Disabling a non-default colored label

8. how to control checkbutton label position?

9. setting file labels (only AppleEvent?)

10. Resetting 'Default' Positioning on Windows

11. Vertical position resolution default (unit per inch) when printing

12. How to set label attributes for active cursors?