Shift register initialization and while loop
Author Message
 Shift register initialization and while loop

I have a few shift registers in a program I have created and I am
having trouble initializing them.  I tried adding a constant "0" to
the shift registers and even a control, but then the 0 remains
throughout the entire run of the program.  I found some answers to a
similar question <a
href=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>here</a>
, but I had trouble understanding their solutions and/or getting them
to work.

Any thoughts on how I can get the shift registers initialized once the
program is run each time?

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:12:15 GMT
 Shift register initialization and while loop
I'll assume your main loop is in its own While loop.  You should also
have some kind of initialization loop (a single sequence works good),
to the left of your main loop, that is strictly for things like
setting up arrays, shift registers, etc.
In this Init structure, place initializing constants for each shift
register and wire to each shift register.  For example, if you have an
array of booleans in your main loop, create an array constant of
booleans (A good way is to right click each shift reg, and select
create constant).
As long as you wire in your init values from outside your main loop,
they well not reset your main loop shift registers until you re-run
your VI.
LV has an example (General > Arrays > Separate Array Values.VI) which
gives ideas.
Good luck with it, Doug

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:49:22 GMT

1. Problem with initialization of a shift register on while loop

2. while loops and shift registers

3. adding a shift register to a while loop

4. Break out of a While Loop then jump back in (to re-initialize a shift register)

5. Urgent problem about while loop and shift register

6. Initialization of variables/registers

7. Gate Level Register Initialization (proper procedure)

8. Must wire shift register through event structure

9. Resetting the shift register

10. problems about shift register

11. Empty picture vs a shift register?

12. Shift Register Initialisation