LabView & Serial Port Error 37
Author Message
 LabView & Serial Port Error 37

LabView 5.0.1 with Window95

I am building a program to read data from the serial port. In the labview
development environment, the program works great! Once compiled to a standalone
exe, all serial ports give me an error 37 on the initialization and write.
I have tested this on several PCs/Notebooks, with reproducible results.

Any Insight would be helpful
Dave

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView & Serial Port Error 37
Hello Dave

You probably don't have "serpdrv" in the same location as the .exe file you
built. Just copy the "serpdrv" file from the LabVIEW directory to the same
location as your exe.

--
Chuck Stewart

Quote:

> LabView 5.0.1 with Window95

> I am building a program to read data from the serial port. In the LabView
> development environment, the program works great! Once compiled to a
standalone
> exe, all serial ports give me an error 37 on the initialization and write.
> I have tested this on several PCs/Notebooks, with reproducible results.

> Any Insight would be helpful
> Dave

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView & Serial Port Error 37

Thanks Chuck,

That did the trick. Is there a good source of documentation on the driver?

Dave

Quote:

>Hello Dave>>You probably don't have "serpdrv" in the same location as the

exe file you>built. Just copy the "serpdrv" file from the LabVIEW directory

Window95>>>> I am building a program to read data from the serial port. In
the LabView>> development environment, the program works great! Once compiled
to a>standalone>> exe, all serial ports give me an error 37 on the initialization
and write.>> I have tested this on several PCs/Notebooks, with reproducible
results.>>>> Any Insight would be helpful>> Dave>>>>

Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView & Serial Port Error 37
Put a copy of serpdrv in the same directory as your executable.
Serpdrv can be found in your LabVIEW directory.

Alan Brause

Quote:

> LabView 5.0.1 with Window95

> I am building a program to read data from the serial port. In the LabView
> development environment, the program works great! Once compiled to a
standalone
> exe, all serial ports give me an error 37 on the initialization and write.
> I have tested this on several PCs/Notebooks, with reproducible results.

> Any Insight would be helpful
> Dave

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 37 using serial port with an executable file

2. Error 37 received when initializing serial port 9.

3. error 37 serial problem

4. Serial Error 0x4002 (Error 16386, character was lost by overwrite / serial port overrun error)

5. Intermittant Error 37 File Not Open Error on Network

6. Anyone know why error 37 occurs for Serial port vis using...

7. : Error number 37 when use 'SERIAL/PARALELL port write' VI !!!

8. Anyone know why error 37 occurs for Serial port vis using...

9. Help! on error #37

10. File not open error 37

11. ERROR 37

12. File not open Error 37