Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW
Author Message
 Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW

I'm trying to write new records to a MS Access table from within LV. I
need to use ActiveX (no chance for SQL toolkit). I'm able to create
new records in the database table, but cannot write values in the
fields. Can anybody help me?

thanks in advance

Giovanni Moschioni

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:06:05 GMT
 Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW
You could use ADO instead. See
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135...
for more information.

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:39:43 GMT
 Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW
Hi Giovanni,
as far as I remember, before trying to do any changes to an existing
field, you should call the Edit method.

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:12:42 GMT
 Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW
Thanks for answer; as a matter of fact my problem is how to tell
Access 'hey, I want this field of this record to be this value'. In a
nutshell I'm not able to translate into LV the following statements
extracted from MS Dao Help file:
"
AddNew
        !Name = strName
        !Surname= strSurname
        .Update
"
Thanks again for help!

Giovanni Moschioni

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:18:52 GMT
 Writing records MS Access records from LabVIEW
You also might wana try
labview 6\examples\comm\access.llb

A Rafiq

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:53:37 GMT

1. MS Access - Add or Change Record

2. add records in table ACCESS from labview by ActiveX

3. Write a direct access record data in f90

4. reading back a partially-written record on direct access

5. Convert comma-delimited records to fixed length records

6. Deleting current record based on next record

7. Records Disappeared/Added to the prior Record No

8. Records with a record # of zero problem

9. Prime record fields on insert - Before adding auto incremented record

10. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

11. Add Child Record Within New Parent Record form.

12. Record Date and Time Record Updated