Call Library Function returning a pointer to doubles
Author Message
 Call Library Function returning a pointer to doubles

Hi,

Say, I have a DLL which exports function

    int getdata(int numdatapoints, double * data)

I would like to use a Call Library function to call getdata and getting the
data (* data) into a labview array of type double. Is this supported by the
Call Library function, or do I have to use a CIN function?

Thanks,

Michael

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Call Library Function returning a pointer to doubles

In the meantime I found out, that you can specifiy a parameter as Array with
format Array Data Pointer and additionally defining the Dimension. But what
do you do when the dimension changes from one call to the other. Is there a
way to define the Dimension dynamically during the execution of the VI
containing the Library Call function?

Thanks,

Michael

Quote:

>Hi,

>Say, I have a DLL which exports function

>    int getdata(int numdatapoints, double * data)

>I would like to use a Call Library function to call getdata and getting the
>data (* data) into a Labview array of type double. Is this supported by the
>Call Library function, or do I have to use a CIN function?

>Thanks,

>Michael

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Call Library Function returning a pointer to doubles

Problem solved. I found an application note on NI's Web page. I've got it
working.

Michael

Quote:

>Hi,

>Say, I have a DLL which exports function

>    int getdata(int numdatapoints, double * data)

>I would like to use a Call Library function to call getdata and getting the
>data (* data) into a Labview array of type double. Is this supported by the
>Call Library function, or do I have to use a CIN function?

>Thanks,

>Michael

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling a dll c function returning a pointer

2. Passing a class pointer to Call library function

3. pointers in call library function

4. Returning Pointer To Pointer From Function

5. Call Library Function - Function not found in library

6. Can the 'call library function call code other than c

7. returning base class pointer from function

8. F90 problem compiling function returning pointer array

9. NT & C function returning pointer

10. HELP F90, External function returning pointer

11. functions returning (pointer to) subroutine?

12. VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function