AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform
Author Message
 AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform

When generating a waveform using the VI, I can generate a single
occurence, or multiple occurrences.  But, If I wire the Generation
Count of '0' for continuous operation, the data is not output to the
motor.

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:27:34 GMT
 AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform
Jeff;

You are right. I could reproduce the problem here on my end. I will
forward this issue to R&D right away.
Thanks for letting us know that.
For now, in case you want to generate a continuous waveform, you need
a while loop and to set the Generation Count input to 1.

Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:55:46 GMT
 AO Waveform Gen VI does not generate continuous waveform
Filipe, thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, a While loop
requires such CPU resources that it doesn't run while other required
processes are working.  As a straight replacement, it is not a
solution.  I will look for other ideas, and will wait to hear about
any potential fixes or other work arounds.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:17:26 GMT

1. AO Waveform Gen VI, continuous run, coordinate update?

2. How do i use AO generate waveform.vi to hold voltage constant

3. how to use AI acquire waveform.vi for continuous acquisition

4. Write to GPIB at a specific time in AO waveform

5. Collecting waveforms from a continuous aquisition using an external pulse to section them off

6. Best way to modify a waveform in a waveforms array

7. Waveform Graph instead of Waveform Chart

8. Extracting Waveforms from array's of waveforms

9. developing user-interface for generating arbitrary waveform

10. I am having a problem configuring my DAQ to generate continous waveforms

11. Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?

12. Version 6 Waveform versus Version 5 2D array in the AI READ vi