How can I create an ActiveX IDL to pass an array of references into Labview
Author Message
 How can I create an ActiveX IDL to pass an array of references into Labview

It appears that LV is designed to be able to receive a COM variant
that contains an array of references but I cannot understand what the
appropriate IDL should be on the COM side of things.  I am current
trying to use a safearray to hold the references but the automation
reference in LV returns a variant that is empty (VT_EMPTY).  I have
had success with COM interfaces that expose single references, scalers
and arrays of scalers and I am able to get the data properly in LV.

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:45:37 GMT
 How can I create an ActiveX IDL to pass an array of references into Labview
Have you tried using a regular array rather than using a safearray?
This might be causing you added complication.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:53:08 GMT

1. Sharing memory between the IDL ActiveX control an LabVIEW

2. ActiveX Double return value passed by reference?

3. ActiveX Reference pass to another VI

4. Passing strings from ActiveX method to LabVIEW

5. pass array to ActiveX Control

6. URGENT:)pass an array to an Activex?

7. The suitable LabVIEW data type correspinding to the array of structure in Visual Basic ActiveX DLL

8. Passing array elements by reference

9. Are unconstrained arrays passed by references?

10. Pointer Arrays passed by Value/Reference?

11. Passing an array to a proc by reference

12. How to pass an array - reference to a procedure